Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Re-reading books

So i've been reading during my lunch break at work, which has given me some time to get through a lot of books so far this summer. But i think the book i've enjoyed reading the most has been "to kill a mockingbird." I read it years ago in high school but reading it now i better appreciate the issues of it. I think you still can see issues today between the races have improved, but there's still a lot going on under the surface. The book convicts me on a few prejudices i still haven't let go and reminds me that while there are people with prejudices that are wrong, they aren't necessarily bad people. It's a great book, read it if you have the chance.

2 comments:

Emerly Sue said...

(:

Bristol said...

That is one of my favorite books of all time. Good choice.

By the way, you should come back and visit. How's the real world?