Saturday, June 7, 2008

righteousness for all

so i've been reading a bit of romans lately, and today i came across romans 3:21-31, and it got me thinking.

we've all been given righteousness through faith in Christ... and sometimes i think that's the problem for me.

we've all been given righteousness.

i don't want to be on a level playing field with liars, cheats, gluttons, etc. i like to think of myself as better than they are, that God thinks better of me than He does of them.

my pride gets between me and God.

i hate it, but it's true, so often, i judge other people and think of myself as better than other people.

but grace calls us to be humble. to accept that we need help, that we aren't as good as we'd like to think we are. that we need help just as much as the people we look down on, the drug dealers, the sleazy executives, everyone.


"for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus."

-romans 3:23-24


2 comments:

Emerly Sue said...

I think it is easy for me to do the same just because I've been a Christian for "so long", and it's easy for me to think I've got it all together and that that gives me a right to judge people, which automatically puts me right back into the unrighteous category. How desperately I need Christ's righteousness. How desperately I need to remember.

Ashley said...

shoot I didn't anyone else even had one...other than JDeng who's got Xanga.

awesome.

:)